Part 1A of “The Digital Transformation Roadmap”
“Digital dominance” has arrived and it has already captured the digital economy.
Next it threatens to grow even more powerful and disrupt your company.
Today, your business future will be decided by the rise of dominant digital companies whose roadmap includes capturing entire industries. Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google will block you and make your company part of their ecosystem.
If you don’t disrupt this future, your industry and company’s future are out of your hands.
Today’s online world: A winner-take-all digital economy
Your digital products and services struggle to build customer relationships because most of the “digital economy” has already been captured:
- In the past 12 months Amazon and Alphabet (Google) received 57% of the total revenues generated by Internet companies (5)
- Facebook captured one in five page views in the United States (1), accounting for nearly 20% of all time online (2)
- In 2014 the top 5 digital economy winners (3) received: 48% of all digital display ad revenue 64% of mobile display ad revenue
- Amazon swallowed 36% of Black Friday online sales (4), while 2nd place got only 8%
- Impact: Since 2000, 52% of companies on the Fortune 500 fell off the list (6)
- Forecast: Innosight, a leading innovation consultancy, forecasts (7) “75% of the S&P 500 will be replaced by 2027”
- See 4:00 in this John Chambers’ speech at Cisco Live 2015,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBLqLFNr0s